Need some ideas for free (or almost free) Father's Day (June 17) activities in the Capital District?
How about these:
• Dads ride for free all day on the Saratoga & North Creek Railway, departing out of Saratoga Springs. For more info, go to www.sncrr.com.
• A Father/Daughter Hike will be held at the Albany Pine Bush Preserve from 1-2 p.m. Cost is $5. See www.AlbanyPineBush.org for more info.
• Radio Disney will be host a Father's Day celebration at Colonie Center from 2-4 p.m. featuring photos and activities based on the upcoming movie "Brave."
• The Schenectady Museum & Suits-Bueche Planetarium will host a Father’s Day Make and Take from 1-2:30 p.m., free with museum admission. For info: www.SchenectadyMuseum.org.
• Free admission for dads at The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology in Troy.
• And, of course, the Albany Father's Day Concert will be held 6:30-9:30 at Riverfront Park. Admission is free, and the evening is capped off with a fireworks display.